Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#31786 - 2002-11-05 12:02 AM Start KXRPC service
jaennp Offline
Lurker

Loc: Spain
I donīt start KXRPC service in a W2000 server, when I install KXRPC sevice "ERROR: NETBIOS.DLL not found in the c:\...."
#31787 - 2002-11-04 02:19 PM Re: Start KXRPC service
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Tigard, OR
jaennp,

Welcome to the board.

You did not mention which version of KiXtart we are working with here.

Per the manual..
quote:

Note
If multiple KXRPC servers are specified for one mapping, KiXtart connects to them in the sequence specified.
To install the KiXtart RPC service
1. Copy Kxrpc.exe to a directory on the server that will run the service.
2. At the command prompt, switch to that directory and type the following command:
KXRPC –install
The KiXtart RPC service can be installed on a remote server using a utility such as SC, RSERVICE or XNET. KiXtart 2001 comes with a batch file called Xinst.cmd, which demonstrates installing the KiXtart RPC service on a remote computer using XNET.

Note
The KiXtart RPC service should only be installed when necessary. Please see the separate chapter on the KiXtart RPC service for details on when and where to install the service.

Starting the KiXtart RPC Service
When it is installed, the KiXtart RPC service is configured to start automatically at system startup. After the initial installation, the service can be started from the Control Panel / Services applet or from the command prompt.

To start the KiXtart RPC service
1. In the Control Panel / Services applet, select the KiXtart RPC service, and then click Start.
– Or –
2. At the command prompt, type the following command:
net start kxrpc

HTH,

Kent

#31788 - 2002-11-04 02:26 PM Re: Start KXRPC service
jaennp Offline
Lurker

The Kix version is 4.11, my problem is the instalation KXRPC service, I copy the files in the directory but CanīT install This service, why the message error is Netbios.dll not found in this directory, I canīt install y the directory C:\, but not in the directory choose.
#31789 - 2002-11-04 02:30 PM Re: Start KXRPC service
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
Copy the KXRPC.EXE to %systemroot%\system32 and install it from there as per the manual.

#31790 - 2002-11-04 03:06 PM Re: Start KXRPC service
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
Do youy actuallly have the NetBIOS network protocol installed?

Also, have you tried installing the KiXtart RPC Server as per the example batch file included in hte KiXtart ZIP package?

Finally, please read KXRPC - Everything you wanted to know about KXRPC as the service is only needed for Windows 9x support.

#31791 - 2002-11-07 12:13 AM Re: Start KXRPC service
jaennp Offline
Lurker

Thanks to all for your help, I had a problem with NETAPI.dll that was in the portfolio in which the KXRPC installed.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 507 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.052 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org